Man Up Checkup Physical in Boiling Springs, SC
AFC Urgent Care Center provides specialized men’s physical exams for $49 with no appointment needed. We’re open extended hours 7 days a week.
American Family Care’s nationwide “Man Up Checkup” is here and AFC Urgent Care in Boiling Springs is participating to ensure the health of nearby residents of Boiling Springs, SC. Every man should have a yearly physical checkup to ensure they maintain their good health. During the Man Up Checkup, any man can receive a Men’s Physical 7 days a week with no appointment for only $49.00. Much like a highway bridge needs to be inspected to make sure it remains strong, you will receive a thorough medical exam by one of our board certified doctors. Catching illnesses and other conditions early makes it much easier to treat or manage and it will be easier on your wallet. At AFC Urgent Care in Boiling Springs, the “Man Up Checkup” includes the following tests:
- Epworth Sleepiness Scale – We will give you a survey on your sleepiness throughout the day in common everyday settings. This well-respected survey is used in figuring out if you have an undiagnosed sleep disorder.
- Pulse – Your pulse can often give us clues if you have any heart conditions. We’ll measure it and record any abnormalities we see.
- O2 saturation – Often falling between 95% and 100%, this measurement is the fraction of oxygen-saturated hemoglobin currently in your blood. These levels will vary depending on your activity level and is also affected by altitude.
- Blood pressure – Hypertension is a condition that can develop from high blood pressure. This condition can go unnoticed as it often shows no visible symptoms. If left untreated, it can result in stroke and heart attack. It’s vital to stay on top of this so corrective actions or medication can be prescribed.
- Weight, Height, and BMI – We will determine if you are medically obese and if so, what the degree of severity is.
- Lipid Panel – When you go about your daily activities, you burn energy. This energy comes from fatty substances in your body. Despite needing this energy every day, you must keep these within certain levels for your body to function properly. This screening will measure your cholesterol, triglycerides, high density lipoprotein (HDL), and low-density lipoprotein (LDL.)
- HA1C – This screening is also known as a hemoglobin A1c Test. In our onsite state of the art lab, we will measure the sugar levels in your blood for the past 2 to 3 months. This test is a great diagnostic tool to look for signs of diabetes. To ensure accuracy, please do not eat 12 hours before this test.
Did you know?
- 60% of the population don’t go for an annual physical?
- 47.6 % don’t meet federal physical activity guidelines for aerobic activity
- 34.5% are obese.
- 32.6% suffer from hypertension.
- 16.7% smoke cigarettes.
- 12.4% are in overall fair or poor health.
- 11.9% percent (under 65 years) do not have health insurance.
Take the first step in maintaining a healthy quality of life by visiting AFC Urgent Care Boiling Springs, SC for a Man Up Checkup!